Town of Waterford
The Transfer Station Supervisor is charged with the supervision of two Transfer Station Attendants and the weekly operation of the Waterford Transfer Station. This is a part-time position operating the Waterford Transfer Station on Saturdays from 7 am – 12 pm. This position is for a total of 6 hours per week. Fifteen (15) minute early open for necessary preparation, ten to fifteen (10-15) minute tidying before closure and bringing collected fees to the Town Treasurer account for approximately one hour in addition to the 5 hours of station operation.
· Open and close the Transfer Station gates according to schedule;
· Assign work and monitor the job performance of Transfer Station Attendants.
· Perform work assignments in a prompt, efficient and safe manner.
· Maintain Transfer Station in accordance with all rules and regulations;
· Direct incoming cars to proper disposal areas;
· Perform routine maintenance of equipment used at site;
· Explain Transfer Station procedures to the general public, monitoring materials to prevent disposal of prohibited items;
· Keep accurate records and do basic mathematics in collection of disposal fees;
· Have a positive attitude and be able to work well as a part of a team;
· Have knowledge of and understand the safety regulations pertaining to municipal waste and recycling operations;
· Wear, and ensure Attendants wear, any required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
· Perform work in accordance with all federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations and within VOSHA standards.
· Represent the Town of Waterford in a professional manner at all times.
· Report any accidents involving yourself, the Attendants, the public, or Town or public property to the Selectboard immediately.
· Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions, and communicate with others.
· Ability to work independently and direct the work of others.
· Ability to operate Transfer Station mechanical equipment skillfully and safely.
· Ability to detect a need for mechanical servicing of equipment and make minor adjustments as necessary.
· Knowledge of hazards and applicable safety rules and regulations in Transfer Station equipment operation.
· Ability to remain calm and deal courteously with public, particularly in the event of upset customers.
· Ability to manually lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
· Physically able to work in all types of weather conditions.
· Involves risks or discomforts (e.g., working around moving parts and equipment, which require safety precaution and/or the use of PPE.
· May be exposed to hazardous materials.
· Requires working in outside environment, subject to weather-related discomfort.